If you’re not familiar with Insights Discovery, it is a unique profiling tool based on the work of Carl Jung, it’s based on preferences, introversion or extroversion, thinking or feeling. By answering 25 questions can determine, what your preferences are, this is translated into a simple memorable four colour model which helps people to understand their style, their strengths and the value they bring to the team. We call these the colour energies, and it’s the unique mix of Fiery Red, Sunshine Yellow, Earth Green and Cool Blue energies, which determines how and why people behave the way they do.
Do you lead with Cool Blue?Cautious, deliberate, precise, questioning and formal with a desire to know and understand the world around them, if you have a cool blue preference you like information to be accurate and complete before making a decision.
Do you lead with Earth Green?Caring, encouraging, sharing, patient and relaxed. Individuals with a high amount of Earth Green view the world through what they value and what’s important to them.
Do you lead with Sunshine Yellow?Sociable, dynamic, demonstrative, enthusiastic and persuasive. Radiating enthusiasm and encouraging participation, people with a lot of Sunshine Yellow energy relish the company of others and a desire to be involved.
Do you lead with Fiery Red?Competitive, demanding, determined, strong-willed, purposeful. These people are strong minded and focused on results, this energy shows up as strong determination that influences a person’s interactions with others.
By understanding yourself, having an enhanced self-awareness can help you communicate and collaborate more effectively – particularly with your opposite type. Just generating a profile and reading it then filing it away does not do it justice. Here are some tips to get more out of your profile:
- Share your profile with others, both up and down the management chain.
- Discuss your blind spots with those who know you best.
- Fully understand what value you bring to the team, using the value to the team page, these can be used in team meetings, job interviews or even CVs.
- Share your preferred communication styles with those you communicate with regularly, choose your top three do’s and don’ts on communication tips.
- Understand the characteristics of your opposite type, remember these people have the strengths that your lack, by teaming up with them enables you to be more effective.
- Keep using the profile, referring to it, creating a personal development plan.
By getting to know yourself on this journey of self-discovery makes both you and your team more effective. There are many ways to use Insights Discovery, in team development, personal development, change, leadership or sales effectiveness. Contact us today on 023 92 160840/07811 946315 or