The Professional Supervisor
With a host of new challenges and responsibilities to tackle, new supervisors need training that helps them adjust to their new role. Learning how to supervise your new employees on a trial and error basis can lead to discouragement. This three-day workshop can help you overcome many of the problems a new supervisor may encounter, and to set the groundwork for a successful change in your working life!
WHAT STUDENTS LEARN
- Clarify the scope and nature of a supervisory position.
- Learn some ways to deal with the challenges of the role.
- Recognize the responsibilities you have as a supervisor, to yourself, your team, and your organization.
- Learn key techniques to help you plan and prioritize effectively.
- Acquire a basic understanding of leadership, team building, communication, and motivation, and what part they play in effective supervision.
- Develop strategies for motivating your team, giving feedback, and resolving conflict.
- Adjusting to your role
- Action-centered leadership
- Making plans and setting goals
- Defining leadership
- The Situational Leadership Model®
- What’s your type? How about mine? (Velsoft Leadership Assessment)
- Team building tips
- Communication skills and motivating employees
- Orientation and onboarding
- Training tips and tricks
- Providing feedback and doing delegation right
- Dealing with conflict and managing discipline issues
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Self